Traveling for the Holidays? Register for the Away Home Notification Program Before You Go!
Abington Township Police Department’s Away Home Program is designed to provide residents a means of having your homes checked periodically by an officer while you are away for an extended period of time. There are three ways to register:
- Complete the Away Home Notification Form on-line by clicking here.
- Call our Police Records and Information division at 267-536-1100 and press 3.
- Visit the Abington Township Police Department’s Police Records and Information division Monday through Friday between 7AM and 7PM.
Additionally, residents are encouraged to do the following when preparing to be away from home for an extended period of time:
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Place lights on a timer.
- Arrange to have mail and newspapers stopped or picked up daily.
- Ask a neighbor to occasional park in your driveway.
- Give a spare key to a friend or neighbor to watch over your property.
If you have any questions please contact Sergeant Gillispie by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 267-536-1077.