Join the team
Learn more about job positions at Abington Township Police Department by choosing from the following:
- Police Officers – Entry Level Police Officer Application process OPENS, April 18, 2022. Best of luck to all of the participants!
- Part Time Public Safety Communicators – Not accepting applications at this time.
- Part Time Records and Information Specialist – Application acceptance period is CLOSED.
- Crossing Guard – Not accepting applications at this time.
Crossing guards work during times of school openings and closings, ensuring that Abington’s children remain safe on their journey to and from school. Crossing Guard hiring, assignment and training is the responsibility of the Community Policing Division, 267-536-1073. All uniforms and equipment are furnished by the Police Department.
- Community Service Officer – Accepting applications until the position is filled. Click here
Community Service Officers (CSO’s) assist with a variety of community and youth-oriented programs conducted by the Community Policing Division. CSO’s are uniformed but are not empowered to conduct any law enforcement duties. All uniforms are furnished by the Police Department. CSO assignments may be part or full-time, based on program requirements. For more information, contact the Community Policing Division Commander or call 267-536-1077.
Check back frequently for additional job openings. The Abington Township Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.