Taking a Trip? Help Protect Your Home by Using the Away Home Notification Program
Worried about your home while your away for a long weekend or trip? Contact us! The Abington Township Police Department’s Away Home Program is designed to give residents reassurance by having officers periodically check your homes while you are away. There are three ways to register:
- Complete the Away Home Notification Form on-line here.
- Call our Police Records and Information division at 267-536-1100 and press 3.
- Visit the Abington Township Police Department’s Police Records and Information division Monday through Friday between 7AM and 7PM.
Additionally, residents are encouraged to do the following when preparing to be away from home for an extended period of time:
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Place lights on a timer.
- Arrange to have mail and newspapers stopped or picked up daily.
- Ask a neighbor to occasional park in your driveway.
- Give a spare key to a friend or neighbor to watch over your property.
If you have any questions please contact Sergeant Gillispie by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 267-536-1077.
We look forward to hearing from you!