The Abington Police Department will hold an examination to establish an
eligibility list for hiring police officers.
- Eligibility: 21 years of age, High School Diploma or equivalent,
possess a valid drivers license on or before the deadline for submitting
applications, U.S. Citizen, physically & mentally fit to perform the duties
of police officer.
- Applicants must comply with the Police Department's Personal Appearance
Policy, General Order 41.3.4 on tattoos, branding, and body piercing. A copy
of the Personal Appearance Policy shall be posted on the Police Department's
website with the preliminary application form.
- Anticipated Dates/Locations:
||Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31, 2021
Abington Junior High School
(2056 Susquehanna Road, Abington, PA 19001)
|Physical Agility Test:
||Saturday, August 14, 2021
Abington Senior High School
| (Location/Dates/Times to be announced)
|Deadline for Applications:
||Friday, July 16, 2021 12PM
- The top 180 scoring candidates (including ties) in the written portion
will be eligible to take the Physical Agility Test. Candidates passing the
Physical Agility Test will be eligible to take the oral examination.
Candidates must receive a score of at least 70% in the oral examination in
order to pass.
The Abington Township Police Department, will be conducting a Written Examination for Police Officer
on Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31, 2021 at the Abington Junior High School, 2056 Susquehanna Road, Abington, PA 19001.
Beginning Monday, May 3, 2021 applications will be available on-line at www.abingtonpd.org. Applications must be completed on-line and payment must be made by Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard).
Applicants will receive an on-screen and email confirmation upon receipt of the completed application. A $60.00 Administrative Fee must be paid by Credit Card as part of the on-line application process. No paper applications, checks or money orders will be accepted.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE BY
12 P.M. ON FRIDAY, July 16, 2021
Study Guides will be available for download from the Testing Company website. An email confirmation
of receipt of your application will be sent along with the instructions for downloading the Study Guide once your payment has been processed.
Applicants will be able to schedule their written exam date, once the application period ends, on either Friday evening, Saturday morning, or Saturday afternoon on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applicants that sign up for an evening session shall report for registration at 6:00 p.m. on the day of the test. No one will be admitted after 6:30 p.m.
- Applicants that sign up for a morning session shall report for registration at 8:00 a.m. on the day of the test. No one will be admitted after 8:30 a.m.
- Applicants that sign up for an afternoon session shall report for registration at 12:00 p.m. on the day of the test. No one will be admitted after 12:30 p.m.
- Depending on the number of applications received there may be only one test administered at the Saturday morning session.
- Applicants scheduled for the Saturday afternoon session will be notified by email IF there is a change in the testing schedule.
Each applicant MUST bring two (2), #2 pencils and photo identification when reporting for the examination.
A Drivers License is preferred.
Cell phones, smartphones (i.e. iPhones, Androids, etc.) smart watches and/or any other electronic devices; purses, backpacks, bags, or weapons are not permitted in the testing area.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
* Women and Minority Applicants Encouraged to Apply *