The Abington Police Department will hold an examination to establish an
eligibility list for hiring police officers.
- Eligibility: 21 years of age, High School Diploma or equivalent,
possess a valid drivers license on or before the deadline for submitting
applications, U.S. Citizen, physically & mentally fit to perform the duties
of police officer.
- Applicants must comply with the Police Department's Personal Appearance
Policy, General Order 41.3.4 on tattoos, branding, and body piercing. A copy
of the Personal Appearance Policy shall be posted on the Police Department's
website with the preliminary application form.
- Anticipated Dates/Locations:
||Saturday April 1, 2017
Abington Junior High School
|Physical Agility Test:
||Saturday April 22, 2017
Abington Senior High School
|(Location/Times to be announced)
|Deadline for the applications:
||Friday March 17, 2017 at 4 p.m.
- Subject matters to be covered in the written examination will involve
skills necessary for the position of Police Officer in the Abington Township
- Weight of written exam: 40% of the total score.
- Weight of oral exam: 60% of the total score.
- Veteran's Preference awarded for eligible veterans.
- The top 180 scoring candidates (including ties) in the written portion
will be eligible to take the Physical Agility Test. Candidates % passing the
Physical Agility Test will be eligible to take the oral examination.
Candidates must receive a score of at least 70% in the oral examination in
order to pass.