The Abington Police Department will hold an examination to establish an
eligibility list for hiring police officers.
- Eligibility: 21 years of age, High School Diploma or equivalent,
possess a valid drivers license on or before the deadline for submitting
applications, U.S. Citizen, physically & mentally fit to perform the duties
of police officer.
- Applicants must comply with the Police Department's Personal Appearance
Policy, General Order 41.3.4 on tattoos, branding, and body piercing. A copy
of the Personal Appearance Policy shall be posted on the Police Department's
website with the preliminary application form.
- Anticipated Dates/Locations:
||Saturday, March 10, 2018
Abington Junior High School
|Physical Agility Test:
||Saturday, March 24, 2018
Abington Senior High School
(Location/Dates/Times to be announced)
||Monday, January 8, 2018
|Deadline for Applications:
||Friday, February 23, 2018 at 12 p.m.
- Subject matters to be covered in the written examination will involve
skills necessary for the position of Police Officer in the Abington Township
- Weight of written exam: 40% of the total score.
- Weight of oral exam: 60% of the total score.
- Veteran's Preference awarded for eligible veterans.
- The top 180 scoring candidates (including ties) in the written portion
will be eligible to take the Physical Agility Test. Candidates passing the
Physical Agility Test will be eligible to take the oral examination.
Candidates must receive a score of at least 70% in the oral examination in
order to pass.